Social & Environmental Management System
The following sections introduce the management system established by ISS in order to ensure that its business operations are socially and environmentally responsible.
In addition, ISS has signed or adhered to business conduct guidelines of our partners:
- IBM Code of Conduct:https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/pw_com_jnw_code_conduct
- Symantec Code of Conduct: http://www.symantec.com/corporate_responsibility/topic.jsp?id=ethics
- Oracle Partner Code of Conduct and Business Ethics: http://www.oracle.com/partners/en/how-to-do-business/opn-agreements-and-policies/019520.pdf
As part of its effort to conserve the energy, IT Smart Systems is aiming to monitor the following parameters: electric energy consumption, gas consumption, water consumption.
As consumption parameters cannot be always clearly measured, alternative ways for energy and environment conservation are also considered:
- We now have plenty of natural light at our office, so that most of the day we don’t use electricity for this
- We stopped in expanding the company cars fleet and we encourage our employees to use public transport instead
- We limited the access to company printers
- We aim to use recycled paper only
Scope 1 and Scope 2 Greenhouse Gas Emissions
As a software development and system integration company, IT Smart Systems’ activity does not generate important Scope 1 gas emissions. However Scope 2 emissions are in our focus and we aim to decrease them by limiting our energy consumption.
Waste Management and Recycling
IT Smart Systems make constant efforts for improving its waste management as follows:
- Preventing waste generation – by applying “clean technologies” in our activities
- Reducing the quantity of waste – by applying the best technologies in each activity field that generates waste (e.g. printing);
- Recycling – by initiating internal recycling campaigns (our goal is for at least twice per year)